freddie

Tortoise awake!! Must be Spring!!

Well, we had fun and games. He had to go to the Vet. 1st time ever, as he wouldn't get going, and didn't pee. His back legs got a bit fluid y , so off we went. £33 lighter, we then bought a chick lamp, (125w bulb size), and he sits under that, charging, like a phone!! It's his docking station! When fully charged, he whips around, poo everywhere, eating well, and now out in the daytime. He's never been to the vet before, and has cost us nothing except the odd worm paste over the years, but now he's in debt!!

Gosh I am impressed that your tortoises will eat under a lamp. If we bring Flash in and pop him under a lamp, he gets all supercharged and then crashes around trying to get out and refusing to eat. If we charge him up and then quickly pop him outside with some food, he decides it's too cold outside and won't eat either! Contrary creature :roll:

Put Kevin in the garden today in a sunny spot and he woke up pretty much straight away :shock: He does love to be out. I have bought him back in for the night though as still far too cold for him to stay out all day plus he needs to be eating. Not long now though before he is eating I don't think :D

Flash was eating within a couple of days of waking up, which is great. It's often a struggle to get him started, but not this year.

They do love to be outside don't they? Flash gets ever so grumpy if we bring him inside - he warms up a treat but then gets all cross about bring inside and charges around like a little armoured tank trying to charge the exits :lol: He now stays outside all the time for everyone's sanity!

What a beautiful, hot day today, and Flash had nothing else on his mind but thoughts of escaping :lol: Here's a little video of him shortly after I had hoiked him out from under the hedge (where he was charging the fence :roll: ) and fed him - which he promptly stamped all over before walking off in disgust. Ungrateful creature :lol:

CLICKY