counturchickens

Pressure washers

I spent the first year of my Cube owning life thinking a pressure washer wouldn't make my Cube cleaning any easier, as I had a se with a jet nozzle on it. In the end, I bought one, and wished I'd done so a year earlier.

It's fantastic at Cube cleaning - faster, better, less water. It makes cleaning roosting bars much easier.

Turns out we also use it for deep cleaning the paving/patio after winter - great job no chemicals; DH uses it to clean the greenhouse, and I use it for cleaning the roof of my walk in run. I've also used it for cleaning gutters, but that was rather messy.

If we washed the cars, I would use it for that too.

I was just the same but I've no regrets about buying one at all now :D . Makes cleaning everything in the WIR so easy and quick (you do have to take everything out of the WIR obviously but it's worth it :wink: ). OH uses it to clean his bikes and because we have a new car, we do actually wash the car with it :lol: . Great for driveway/patio cleaning too if you can be bothered.

I have a fairly basic Karcher which I got reduced in B&Q. Don't think you need a particularly expensive one for it to do the job.

You don't need good mains water pressure - some of the Kaarcher ones can even run from a water butt with a suitable filter. If you want one for patio or deck washing, the rotary attachment is definitely worthwhile, as it contains and concentrates the spray. Otherwise you tend to get it back in your face when you get into a corner... (don't ask how I know :oops: )

We've recently got one after years of umming and arring. Hubby now gets really excited about cleaning the cube and then turns it on anything else he can find :) Now we have a sparkly patio (we'd forgotten what colour it was originally!), sparkly decking, sparkly tree seat, sparkly bench! In fact I think he's willing the starlings to poo over everything again just so he has an excuse to get it out again :lol:

We got this one because it was available in Screwfix that day and hubby wanted it immediately. It seems to work OK with our sometimes so-so water pressure.

You don't need good mains water pressure - some of the Kaarcher ones can even run from a water butt with a suitable filter.

Otherwise you tend to get it back in your face when you get into a corner... (don't ask how I know :oops: )

That's good to know on the first thing and I won't ask how you found out the second *but I can guess* :lol:

I've got a Karcher, bought about the same time as ANH ... but I'd have to be honest and say it's only been used a couple of times, once to clean up a Cube for sale, and last year I used it on the Eglu when I was taking the hens to a woodland show.

It hadn't occurred to me to use it on the greenhouse - I'd be worried the pressure would be too much and break the glass. I do keep meaning to clean up the patio with it though. :oops:

I'm half way through cleaning the patio with ours - it does a super job - you really feel like summer's here when you can see the original light colour after the winter's drab muddy, mossy look.

Cube gets a dousing with it too - not done my greenhouse - as I'd have to run electric cable miles down the garden.

Fantastic for wooden garden furniture if you don't treat it - takes all the lichen off and back to a lighter colour.

Sue