Lavenders_Blue

The things I see...

Spending a lot of time, as I do, out and about in the countryside with the dog, I see a lot of things.

Some of the things I see are lovely - red kites, buzzards, hovering kestrels, barn owls, little owls, herds of deer running in the distance, hot air balloons drifting overhead...

Other times I see things that are not so lovely, like yesterday when I was walking about 50 or so yards behind a young lad who suddenly decided to stop for a not very private pee in a hedge :shock: I was undecided whether to give him a loud, cheery 'GOOD MORNING' or just let Tango go and introduce herself. I decided on the latter. I think he got a bit of a surprise :lol:

What do you see out on your walks?

Not seen those particular sights .......yet! I am loving doing the daily dog walks and seeing how much the seasons change, sometimes even during one days dog walk. One sight I hadn't noticed before was last autumn when the pine needles had fallen off the trees onto the gravel path and when it rained they had formed into almost a scalloped pattern. Wish I took a photo so will keep an eye out for it this year.

I've not seen those particular sights either. If I am out with the dog on my own in the woods I do sometimes worry that she might find a body or part of one as she is very good at locating dead birds, mice etc. Thankfully so far I have only ever seen good things. I am really enjoying seeing all the late bluebells which DS used to call blue grass 8)

Today on the dog walk (or rather dogs playing on football pitch whilst us owners chat :D ) a bird appeared to fall out of a tree. And then we realised it was being taken out of its nest or the tree onto the ground by a hawk or kestrel! Then kestrel flew off with it in its talons! An amazing sight I have never seen in the flesh before let alone so close.

It's a lovely encounter, but it's almost as if they have a dead wish, isn't it? good job you heard them and popped her on lead.

We had a bunny encounter last night; Cyrus ran ahead along the track to their favourite 'looning field', Ruby and I turned into it to find Cyrus stalking two rabbits that were in the crops. Luckily they got away as I alerted them to give them a head start, but the hounds got some exercise chasing.