Smidge

Hutch Size

Good evening everyone

Well, we got chickens in December :D and now we have aquired two medium sized rabbits from the RSPCA - should be settled at home on Saturday of next week.

I wonder whether you could tell me of the size of hutch needed. We have a two tier hutch (size 4' long and each level is 17" high) is that big enough or should I go for a larger one?

Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Hi there! I had a two tier 4ft hutch, but my bunnies are medium and small. I made an 8ft x 4ft run, which I attatched to the hutch, which they had access to all the time (bunnies don't like being shut in their hutches).I now have a rablu with extension. So I think your hutch will probably be ok if you can give them a big permanent run, hope this helps.

Hi there! I had a two tier 4ft hutch, but my bunnies are medium and small. I made an 8ft x 4ft run, which I attatched to the hutch, which they had access to all the time (bunnies don't like being shut in their hutches).I now have a rablu with extension. So I think your hutch will probably be ok if you can give them a big permanent run, hope this helps.

Pepe

Thank you for the advice I feel at lot more at ease and we have a 8x4ft run to bolt on the front of the hutch so the two rabbits will have so much fun. Eventually I will get a rablu.

Michele