Hi

Does anybody else's glugg leak at the back where the hooks are for the run? I rang Omlet and was told its normal and we shouldn't fill the glugg to the top!!

To be honest I felt a bit disappointed with the response... But I wanted to check other peoples before I called them back asking for one that doesn't leak and therefore stop the water from pouring over the kitchen floor when I fill it up.

Cheers

Rob

Yes ,they do leak at the "corners" of the hooks- I have 3 glugs & they all do to varying degrees. I think it may be where the mold gets knocked off the machine when they are making them & tiny bits of plastic get knocked off during the process on the hook corners. I like to fill them as full as possible & hated the dribbles on the kitchen floor so I used some clear waterproof sealant & it has worked perfectly .

Ours does it too, bit annoying as it looks like the mould is not right and thats what causes it, although i'm sure its supposed to be like that :roll:

I think I am going to invest in some new feeders anyway, probably a new run while im at it too, as the run that comes with the eglu takes up quite a lot of space but doesnt actually give them that much room.......

Yep, mine leaks too but it doesn't really bother me as I fill it up outside. :)

I do however think that the quality of the grub and glug could be better as both of mine have tiny little holes in the plastic which does not leak or anything but does make the grub and glug hard to clean properly. Dirt gets trapped in the holes and even scrubbing it does not always get it as clean as I'd like. :?

I am very, very happy with my Eglu in every way but feel that considering the price-I would expect better quality in certain areas. That's probably just me with my perfectionist eye though! :oops::roll: