Cinnamon

Somwhere to stay in London

I am looking for a hotel in London for an overnight stay.....not too expensive, but with a bit of wow factor. The #1 place on Tripadvisor looks wonderful but is £400 a night!

It is for Hubbys birthday in April, so I want it to be a bit special, but not extortionate!

We will be at the Theatre , so central is best...any ideas or recommendations?

We stayed at Park International last year, it's very close to the Science/History/VA museums (Cromwell Road). We had a family room and it was very nice, it had just been refurbished. They have some suites too but I haven't seen them. Cost us about £180 for a Sat night I think.

http://www.parkinternationalhotel.com

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186338-d192145-Reviews-Park_International_Hotel-London_England.html

Durrants Hotel on George Street is our favourite London hotel. A lovely old fashioned hotel with personal service, and there are some great rates available at the moment - £157 for a double room. Much nicer than CitizenM tbh, especially for an occasion.

Have booked at Citizen - I love the concept of it & it has fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor too.

It may not be to everyone's taste, but I think it looks fab, but then I love modern hotels 8)

We are also going to see 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' which will have just opened (don't tell him - it is a surprise!)

Just thought I would update this to say how brilliant the CitizenM hotel on Bankside was.

Just a really cool hotel, great fun rooms, tablet controlled multi colored walls, a divinely comfortable bed & one of the best brekkies I have had. Plus they treated us to a cocktail each in the bar, for the Husbands birthday.

You do need to enjoy this sort of hotel, but if you do then give it a try....2 more opening in town soon!