The Dogmother

Mealworms for chickens - might be outlawed

Ooh it's all about the food chain isn't it. Keeping it as natural as possible. So even if mealworms are natural their diet might not be, In which case theres a market for organic mealworms. who would have thought it?

Mind you the regs did say that the mealworms coming into the country have to be microwaved in order to kill the worrisome bacteria, so prob a very low risk.

Thanks omleteers, back to corn for the chickees.

:)

Btw I realise I have made a complete 180 degree turn on my original view...but it was the effect of looking at one of the dFRA websites. There were photos of various foodstuffs that are imported and legislated for. Including dog chews. One is a well known chew called paddy whack sold in the uk and I recognised it, anyway it is from china and is actually dried cattle penises. :vom: Who knew??.?. What else is in our food?? :anxious:

I don't really see a problem with dogs chewing dried cattle parts. They love them, and they're good for their teeth. I eat kidneys, hearts, pancreas, liver (sorry vegetarians) tongue, cheeks. Not every day, but I think you probably get my point. I think if you are going to kill an animal to eat it, then waste as little as possible :D

That's brilliant dogmother. I would do the same, it's by far the best way to feed your dogs. There's a programme on channel 5 tonight about what's in our dog food, do watch it if you can. Unfortunately guide dogs are only allowed the food they are prescribed, but apparently years ago they used to feed them raw chicken :?