bluekarin

Neela has been spayed

And boy is she unhappy about it :cry: We have just got back home and she has been whimpering and crying for the past 20 or so minutes. She did have her nailed clipped as well so that probably isn't helping matters. She is breathing quite hard, which from what I have read is due to pain. I can't give her anything until tomorrow though. Going to be a long night.

What a difference a day makes! She wants to play, has finally done a no 2 :whistle: and keeps jumping onto the sofas! Luckily they are on the low side, but I do worry. Check up tomorrow and possible dressing removal :o which I am not looking forward to. The vets have been great though. A phone call the night before we went in just to make sure we had no questions and to remind about food and drinks. A phone call this morning to ask how she was. Lovely :D Just got rather a large bill to pay due to getting her blood tested and having extra intra fluids to help flush out her system and her claws clipped :cry:

Awww bless her. Glad to hear she's feeling better this morning though :D Tango was exactly the same when we had her spayed - very very sorry for herself on the day of the op, then next morning jumping around like nothing had happened :shock: I must confess to being a bit mean and not giving her the pain killers after the first day. I worked on the basis that a bit of pain and discomfort might help prevent her leaping around like a maniac! It was practically impossible keeping a young, lively dog calm for 10 days - so good luck with that! :shock::lol: