So wit hthe arrival of some lovely weather and enjoying the chickens so much (except for a few days here and there where one of our girls will not stop screaming!) im thinking about expanding the flock! We currently have 3. i think i would like to increase to 5 and upgrade to the cube. The cube looks absolutly great and looks much easier to move than the classic. Also although its taller and a bit wider it looks more compact than the classic run? Please let me know if this seems right because with the long run we only have a couple of positions it can fit in the garden. Anyone got a few pics of there cube in situ? and any plus's or minus's about the cube? thanks

It is a bit bigger than you may think so It might be worth going and seeing one if you can. With 5 chickens you would want to have more than the standard run and that makes it quite big if you have limited space. It is wider than the classic and run and quite square so is much more dominant in a smaller garden. Other than that it is great and if you have the space then I would recommend it.

The cube is an excellent bit of kit :D I've had mine over 2 years and I love it :dance: It is SO easy to use, but I have 3 meters on my run and sadly found out that my garden is too small to support trundelling round the cube with it's bigger run :( The grass couldn't take it and although it was easy enough to move round...yes on my own, I was limited to only a few positions due to the length and turning it!!!! My bad for extending it ........morehens :oops:

So anyway, I ended up permanently siting it at the back of the garden and filling the run with woodchip. I was a bit sad about it at first but, what a heaven send with all the recent wet weather!!!!! My lawn would have been a bog and the poor pekins would have been wading in mud, as it was they were nice and dry :wink:

You won't regret getting the cube :D Let us know how you get on!! What colour will you go for? I have a green one and it looks lovely at the end of the garden :D Oh and pics please :D

Agree totally ... we went from a Go to a cube in 5 weeks and expanded from 3 to 5 chooks which has been great. We got the extra run space for them and it's such a joy to clean as it's at a height rather than the bending involved but maybe I'm just lazy!! We move it with 2 just for ease but it is perfectly possible with one of you if you're careful. If you can go see one, would be a good idea because the difference from one to the other in size is quite alarming at first but overall, so glad we did it :)

(cube green)(white chicken)PPGNR(Bluebelle)GNR