johnandkymberley

Ducks quack quack

We've just got 2 new ducks, the Aylesbury breed.... We put them in the eglu classic last night and they seem to be alright. Was a little bit of a bother as we think they were stressed etc.

Does anyone else have this breed of duck? Ours are 11 months old. Is the eglu classic with a 2M run alright for this type of duck? Gay advice/ comments are welcome

Thanks

John and kymberley

Fred and George are doing alright thankyou guys. They are in the run but let out for a few hours daily and have to big under bed storage plastic tubs for bathing in... So funny to watch them clean lol

It's a little awkward to clean but with a pressure washer no jobs to big or small hahaha..

They seem ok, we have shelter on the first bit so they can be covered and they seem to be happy. Was filling their baths up the other day and they were loving it lol standing directly in the water spray and puffing up to enjoy the water lol

How are you getting on with Fred and George in the Eglu? I think Aylesburys are bigger than Campbells or Cherrys so we hope ours will be big enough for 3 when they arrive.

Have you got much room in the garden for them to waddle about, we have fenced off a 6m x 8m section so ours can be left outside the run without the worry of them escaping into the neighbours.

Cheers

Ahh, thats good info thanks Leanne. :)

It's either 2 Cherrys or another breed then. We are hoping to keep them as garden pets but with the added bonus of eggs. How are the Cherrys with noise etc, our neighbours are great and are excited about their arrival as we are but wouldn't want them to be too noisy. Garden is also visited by a school nursery next door to us who come to take tadpoles from the pond, they are also excited about the ducks!

We were initially going for Khaki Campbells but was advised by the breeder to take the Cherrys as they are a bit quieter and less 'flighty'. I suppose they are like people though, all different characters. :D

Hi I have khakis too I would say my cherry valleys are louder than my khakis but it depends on the birds really khakis are smaller aswell and the cherrys are my stinkiest ducks ever but that's probably due to them being penned as I sell the eggs so have to be pure don't want my indian runner messing with them :lol: leanne :)

Mmmmm

That's a shame, we just got rid of a shed to pop the eglu down. Why do omlet say the eglu is suitable for ducks when there are other cheaper more suitable solutions?!

Heard this before but was sure the eglu was ok.

Never mind, we'll make sure the wee ladies will be happy regardless :D