hammy72

Missing hen since Thurs 5th June, boarding at Bitton farm

Please help find my hen – missing since Thursday 5th June, 2pm, whilst boarding with a farm in Bitton near Bristol

If you are aware of anyone who brought 3 hens home from a farm in Bitton, near Bristol on the afternoon of Thursday 5th June I am appealing for your help.

My Goldline hen (brown with white tail feathers) was boarding there and was swapped for a young point of lay hen (brown with black tail feathers). You can a photo of her here: Missing Hen

This may have been a genuine mistake as the people had bought 3 point of lay hens but CCTV shows a swap was made upon leaving the farm. They may also be new to keeping hens as were not aware that an old one will bully a new one if just thrown in together.

My hen is 3 years old, very tame but an infrequent layer of eggs. It is important that I get her back, not only because she is my pet, but she previously had an abscess and needs checking after she has laid an egg. The people who currently have her will not know to do this.

She may have been taken to a new home fairly near Bristol so we are looking at the BRISTOL – BATH – SOMERSET – WILTSHIRE – GLOUCESTERSHIRE areas.

Please contact me with a direct message via this forum if you have any information. Thank you for reading this and for your help.