The Dogmother

Has anyone seen......

Mark my words; there will be someone who thinks it's OK for a wild animal to be kept in their living room as a pet. Like the lady I once met who was convinced that she could have a couple of 'tiny pink piglets' to live in her house and share their couch/beds... I had to point out that they grow (I know, shock, horror :roll: ) and that their destructive abilities know no bounds. Apart from that, they aren't easy to house train with respect to toileting, and their poo smells very much like human excrement.

Sorry :oops: soapbox moment

I saw it and it's kind of cute, but I don't get this whole John Lewis advert worship thing. It's Christmas and they're trying to soften you up and get you spend money in their (rather pricey) shop. Yes, I know John Lewis is one of the better places to work and the customer service is brill and all that, but they're still after your money.

And yes, I like Christmas as much as the next person and no, I'm not really a Scrooge, but I don't like all the manipulation that goes with Christmas.

Sorry, that was my soapbox moment. :oops:

P.S. Space Chick, I loved your comment and laughed so hard I choked on my coffee. :lol:

Apparently part of the Boots one was filmed at my tube station, fake snow and all. Think I'll check it out, see if it's recognisable and what bit.

There's always filming round here, it's a standard bit of metroland so perfect for bland sort of urban shots I suppose and near to film studios.

It used to have lots of robberies because it was perfect for getaways but I guess there's too much traffic now.

I think on the whole that filming is a good swap.