Olly

Folding clothes

Well if you can fund it that way, it sounds like a good exchange! I used to iron much more stuff, I have gradually relaxed my standards and I honestly don't think I look scruffy. There are a few things that always need ironing.

I reckon every 2 weeks is fine for bedding, I am sure others on here will have different standards but given that (most of us) go to bed fairly clean anyway, I reckon that's often enough. I may even have left mine on for longer than two weeks sometimes.

My next door neighbour has one like that - she loves it and says it does both sides at the same time so is very much quicker. Don't know what the make or model is because she's had one for 20 odd years - I'm assuming it's been updated some time in between because that's pretty good going for one iron! :lol: But she said she would never go back to the basic irons.

Perhaps ironing will be more enjoyable if I wear lipstick?

I have an island in my kitchen which I use for making the kids lunches....it is the ironing board! And for that reason I'm going to take the plunge and buy the Fast Press! Thanks for everyone's feedback. Just need to find the best place for selling the engagement ring.