Luvachicken

Bluetits in nestbox UPDATE with chick video

Have saved myself some money :D

I told hubby the picture had interference on it and it basically was a really rubbish picture.

He did something and the picture came out perfectly :D

He then told me he swapped the 'modulator' (no idea :oops: ) for another one and now we have a fabulous view :D

I've definitely got a pair nesting in one of my bird-boxes (I have four) so I'm very pleased. Much activity yesterday of flying in and out, they don't seem to be eating from my birdfeeder but they're obviously finding plenty of bugs to eat.

My great tits hatched last Saturday :D

And the blue tits hatched the day before yesterday :dance:

The great tit chicks now have a feather stripe down their spines and teeny weeny tails.

I'm waiting for their eyes to open on day 8/9 so that could be tomorrow.

Can't tell how many there are in each box though, they don't keep still for long enough.

Plenty of bugs around though :D

Thought you might like to see my baby great tits :D

They are just over 2 weeks old now and are 5 cute little fluff balls.

Sadly we don't have any sound on our video but they are very loud when we open the front door.

The blue tits are still behind but the video didn't work on them :(

Here goes th_GreatTits_zpst0erh6xr.mp4

The great tits left the box on Wednesday which was beautifully sunny.

By the time I got home there were only 3 left so we spent the afternoon watching them leave.

One came in the front garden but I'm not sure if it got pounced on by a ginger cat :( that came from nowhere, I'm hoping it escaped. Then later when they had all left there was a commotion in the back garden but in next doors oak tree, the great tit parents were going bonkers and then I saw a jay pulling the feathers off a baby :(:( . The jay then took it to his nest.

Such a shame.

I don't know if any have survived as I haven't seen any babies at all in the garden.

Just 3 babies left in the blue tit box.