bluekarin

Uni update

Only just seen this Karin, and I really do hope that you both manage to work out something, which suits her best, and where she is happy.

We went to a post-offer orientation thing at Bristol last week, and it is very hilly, so I can imagine that it's not best suited to a wheelchair user. We found the session very useful, and it helped Rosie to talk to students on the MSci/PhD courses.

Good luck

Only just catching up with this too. I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out for her. I hope she finds something that suits her and she enjoys (and has a little less work involved :shock: ). She's done brilliantly even getting there in the first place, with all her health issues - it's hard enough for kids who don't have that to contend with. Best of luck to her (and you!).

Only just seen this Karin, and I really do hope that you both manage to work out something, which suits her best, and where she is happy.

We went to a post-offer orientation thing at Bristol last week, and it is very hilly, so I can imagine that it's not best suited to a wheelchair user. We found the session very useful, and it helped Rosie to talk to students on the MSci/PhD courses.

Good luck

My ED went to Bristol and loved it, she did have to work hard, largely without much assistance, but she did have one fantastic tutor, who she made a special point of thanking on graduation day. She loves the city and still lives there. It is a uni with loads of societies etc, but I do think that unless you are confident and physically able it would be daunting. I think that she got lucky with the societies that she joined which gave her a strong friendship base, she literally only had two friends on her course. It is very spread out and I could see how you could become very isolated.