Alis girls

Cat with nasty wound

Our youngest cat a three year part Bengal was very cranky the other night when I went to pick him up. We decided he must have a chest or tummy problem and were going to ring vet following day. Then on Wednesday my ES nearly got a nasty injury when he went to pick him up. Rang vets and booked him (cat not my son) for last night. My youngest son then announced that he could see what problem was, when Basil stood up there was a nasty gash at base of tail. Hes going in today for sutures. Have to take him in half an hour. OH said Basil cried all the way to vets. He stopped and turned box round so Basil could see him and he stopped crying. Broke my heart. Poor baby. Will update later. Not sure if a bite or injury. Hope no one's been cruel to him. Cats seem to be targets for nasty people. It's an odd place for a bite. No wonder he was grumpy. Must've been in agony. :(

Oh dear!

Hope he will be on the mend soon!

My old cat once had big gash along the length of her tail. She never went outside, so no clue how in the world she got it.

Went to the vet and she said she wanted to try stitching it up without sedation or anything as sedating a tail came with risks too. So I ended up keeping hold of the cat and my mom held down the tail, while the vet stitched her up! :shock:

She was fine afterwards and healed nicely.

Took him down early this morning in car.Hes a quiet cat who rarely meaows - but he found his voice and caterwauled until I sang to him :shock: so anyone seeing a Ford Focus in NW London with windows open and a wailing blond serenading her cat - twas me :D They will ring in 2 hours, Couldnt sleep this morning as worried. Nice to know someone appreciates my singing. Suspect he was stunned into silence.

Took him down early this morning in car.Hes a quiet cat who rarely meaows - but he found his voice and caterwauled until I sang to him :shock: so anyone seeing a Ford Focus in NW London with windows open and a wailing blond serenading her cat - twas me :D They will ring in 2 hours, Couldnt sleep this morning as worried. Nice to know someone appreciates my singing. Suspect he was stunned into silence.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Haha that could be me too! I always sing - doesn't stop the cat howling but it drowns her out!

I expect the vet will advise, but abscesses/wounds at the base of the tail are often bites. Sorry to say that (according to my vet) this indicates that he was running away! Hope he soon recovers.

Hes home and prowling round after food :shock: Cant feed him just yet and he keeps looking at OH imploringly and licking the back of his head as if to say "whats a cat gotta do to get food round here?" :lol: Havent looked at wound - hes on antib's and pain relief - what joy another cat to medicate - the others a doddle as hes got few teeth - this ones got a full set which look mighty sharp :anxious: He also looks like hes been on the wacky baccy as his pupils are huge and quite spooky looking :anxious: Will post if end up in A&E with a cat bite.

Could he have got it trapped in a door? Our cat injured the end of her tail, and had to have stitches, when the wind blew a door shut suddenly. It nearly took the end of her tail off! She continues to sit in doorways, though, but intelligence has never really been her strongpoint!

Bizarre arent they? His wound is healing well. After his antibiotic which is vibrant pink he is like a toddler on a sugar fix and has a mad half hour. then snoozes for a while. He wants to go outside and all you can hear in this hot weather is "door DOOOR" as family mince in and out leaving them open. the wound is very vunerable. Our other cat doesnt want to go near him - he must smell funny or something. :shock: Back to vet tomorow. What joy.