gwencooper

Can't move Cube. Any advice greatly appreciated!

I've had an Eglu Cube (Mk1) for about 4 years, and it's been stationary pretty much that whole time. I've bought a WIR, and I need to move the Cube to a new location. This has proven more difficult than I anticipated.

Over the years, the wheels had sunk into the ground a bit. I dug them out, and I see no obvious obstacles in the way now. But even with one person lifting from the front of the run and another pushing from the back of the Cube, it won't budge. I'm not sure, but it appears that one of the wheels may not be turning.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be preventing the wheel(s) from turning/moving and what else I might try?

Many thanks for any insights you may be able to share.

Hi Gwen,

As the wheels were once partially buried it may be that they are just full of mud and has froze in the wet weather. Our Cube is butted up to the walk in run and hasn't been moved for years.

If you take the roof and back off, partition and roosting bars out they aren't too heavy to pick up and move. You should be able to move it out and pressure wash the wheels to get them turning again. A squirt of WD40 may help too.