quickcluck

anyone bought presciption glasses online?

OH has used Cillary Blue for several years, not varifocals tho, just plain lenses or sunglasses, including some complicated cycling glasses. He swears by them, they offer excellent and cheap reglazing, which has meant his expensive daily frames have been reused for years and years. You put your scrip into the online form ,get a quote, they send you a box with postage prepaid, send off the glasses, few days later you get the new pair :D

I've never bought online, but my concern with varifocals would be that they need very careful measurement to make sure the 'vari' bit is in the right place in relation to your eyeline etc - my optician spends ages checking this. I don't know how that would work with an online service?

I had heard that there was a company based just up the road from us that did mail order glasses but clearly not this one! As others have said, measurements are vital when 'fitting' varifocals but I would imaging that 'ordinary' glasses would be fine by mail and obviously cheaper bough this way!