mullethunter

Flukes?

For the last two years, Amy my 5 yr old Wyandotte bantam has had living things in her poo (except in winter) that I haven’t been able to identify. 

She doesn’t really lay (2 eggs the last 2 years looking like none this year) but is the healthiest of all my girls. She’s wormed 3 or 4 times a year with flubenvet like the others.

Only thing I can think is that they’re flukes. Theyre slightly yellow and look like they definitely have a front end like tiny planarium flatworms as opposed to being sections of tapeworm. What do people think and what can I treat them with?

You could try Verm-X on small bread squares Mullethunter. We had a couple of cases of unidentified long thin red worms coming out in knotted clumps the size of a thimble. At first glance they looked like shed intestinal lining and it wasn't until they came out alive we realised we had a problem. Flubenvet didn't affect them as I think they lived in the ceacal ducts, but Verm-X worked for some reason. Perhaps her gut flora isn't fully effective either so try Avipro Avian as well?

They look like tapeworm proglottids to me.

Retfords will be able to identify and I guess they will advise a stronger dose of Flubenvet or something like Droncit containing Praziquantel.
As usual off-licence so vet will advise withdrawal periods etc