Karen1

New to gardening, but very keen!

I have actually taken mine down now, and stored in the garage roof for next year, and all my crops are well and truly OUT. Great things for gardening small scale though. :P

We should have done that with ours Sarah - it ended up in the next village if not somewhere over the Channel after gales a couple of years ago :?:oops:

I've got a leaflet for the Square Foot gardening book where you can try it first and only buy if you like it. I can pop it in the post Gina if you'd like it?

I've already got the book.

Trish - I couldn't remember who it was who was also doing Square Foot (now to be known as Square 30 :D ) - how is it going?

Thanks Lesley - have emailed you my details :D

You can get a full size plastic greenhouse. They're brilliant I don't take it down-all the pot plants that are vunerable in winter go in there, along with the herbs. And you can get some seeds for stuff like lettuces etc that will grow all year round.

Have fun, get mucky!

Jules

I've just borrowed Delia's Kitchen Garden book from the library, and although I'm not generally a big Delia fan this looks quite promising. It's divided into months with things to do in the garden, what to plant & growing tips, also what to harvest and is accompanied by some fairly delicious sounding recipes for the harvested produce. I probably ought to add that of course this is all veggie gardening.

There's also a chapter on square foot gardening, no doubt "borrowed" from the book already recommended by some of you. I've not yet read enough of it to wholeheartedly recommend it, only borrowed it late this afternoon, but it looks interesting enough for me to be planning an early night with a good book :roll: