AndyRoo

A Star Is Born

I've just come home from seeing this movie, and I just have to say "Wow!"

My partner wanted to see it, and generally I find musicals quite dull, but I agreed to go and see it and I thought it was absolutely brilliant! 

I have to say, having seen her in American Horror Story, I didn't think much of Lady Gaga's ability to act - but she was absolutely PHENOMENAL in this. And if there was ever a doubt that she could sing before, it was completely abolished having seen this.

If you haven't seen it, I really recommend it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Natspringy said:

Ooh good to know, thank you. Wasn't sure but Bradley Cooper was kind if swaying me! 😜 will give it a try then!  Cheers.

He's a good singer. I didn't realise that, with the exception of Le Vie En Rose, the pair had written all the music between them and performed multiple tracks 'live' during filming (as opposed to pre-recording and lip-syncing). They were great! There was certainly no question as to whether or not Gaga could sing - she can absolutely belt out a tune.

The best thing is that there was a lot of chemistry between the two of them too - so you really cared about both of them.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Gaga gets a lot of award nominations for her performance.

I was surprised by the quality of acting and singing - from both of them. Gaga, has never been a favourite of mine - I don't much care for her overt self-promotion, but she surprised with the quality of her acting and vocal range.

A couple of slow bits mid-story, and it would have benefited from being about half an hour shorter, but sensitively shot and very emotional. I loved it... and that's from someone who will happily get up and walk out if a film isn't 'working'.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2018 at 9:42 AM, The Dogmother said:

I was surprised by the quality of acting and singing - from both of them. Gaga, has never been a favourite of mine - I don't much care for her overt self-promotion, but she surprised with the quality of her acting and vocal range.

A couple of slow bits mid-story, and it would have benefited from being about half an hour shorter, but sensitively shot and very emotional. I loved it... and that's from someone who will happily get up and walk out if a film isn't 'working'.

I'm glad you liked it! I was pleasantly surprised. I only went because t'other half wanted to see it. Usually musicals, particularly those that centre specifically round a love story fill me with cold dread!