Kirsten

Droppings tray - missing a clip?

Hello

I’m brand new to this - forum and chicken keeping! - so hoping someone can help here!

I got a second hand eglu classic and have managed to successfully set it up with a run ready to get some hens in a few days time. However, the instructions that I downloaded from the Omlet site mention a clip on the droppings tray which I definitely don’t have. The “run skirt” didn’t match the instructions either so I think I must have picked up quite an old model of the Classic. It doesn’t look like anything has broken off at all but on the other hand I don’t want a predator getting in either - I’m sure a wiley fox could just pull it out at the moment. Any suggestions, confirmation, photos of the elusive clip, etc would be much appreciated!

I broke a clip on my cube and tried to get a replacement from Omlet.  The clips were not available as spares.  I would have to buy a whole new tray in a different colour and make do or move the clip across.   Give Omlet a ring.  They may have a spare tray you can buy even if it isn’t on the website 

They used to do all the spares and being just round the corner form me, it was really easy to pop over and pick something up. They decided to concentrate on the Go! and Cube mark 2, which are both cheaper to make (and easier to break!). I don't like the new models at all - they are MUCH smaller and made from a ghastly, brittle plastic.

Thanks for the help folks, much appreciated.

The Dogmother - I’ll put some pics up (when I work out how to do that on this forum!!) guess I can stick some large stones or heavy planters at the back to avoid the tray being pulled out but any longer term solutions/suggestions would be great.

293C858C-C7C4-4F34-BB08-7742C8654931.jpeg

3480893F-0E4B-4A25-9304-59F37E47F49F.jpeg

6F4A4BB4-92C0-4A99-B420-85C67200DD45.jpeg

OK, so that is a Classic mark 2 and you are quite right - it is missing the simple metal clip that's screwed into the bottom of the poo tray. I can't photograph mine for your reference as it's out of use at the moment and stacked up against the fence. It really is just a simple bent metal clip - perhaps someone on here can post a photo of theirs for example.

I would pop a couple of weighty items against the back of the Eglu until you get it sorted

It really is just a bent clip, which easily gets bent out of true. I haven't had one come completely off before though and I've had plenty of Eglus and Cubes in my time.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help folks, much appreciated.

The Dogmother - I’ll put some pics up (when I work out how to do that on this forum!!) guess I can stick some large stones or heavy planters at the back to avoid the tray being pulled out but any longer term solutions/suggestions would be great.

UPDATE - so I contacted Omlet and they’re sending me a new clip and attaching screw free of charge.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 6:26 AM, The Dogmother said:

Woohoo, well done! So they do have some stock after all... I may just contact them for new cube clips. Mine are bent out of useful parameters

They didn’t have cube clips when I asked last month.  They could supply complete green trays with clips already attached.  My cube is purple so hubby wasn’t impressed with the idea of buying a tray to get a clip.  He just used pliers to straighten the one I’d twisted and told me to make do