Hi all, considering getting an auto door for our mark 1 cube, to make life a bit easier when we have to ask neighbours etc. to look after the chickens. I know there were issues initially with the eglu auto door - have these been resolved? The other options seems to be hentronix, though this is morn expensive and runs from a heavy duty battery fed by a solar panel. Looking for some honest opinions please, these things are expensive so want to make sure I get the right one. Many thanks 🐓 

Are these available in the USA? i looked last week and couldn't find them on the US website.

I got mine recently and it is fab.

One of the better things I have bought and saves me having to get up early at the weekends.

• Like 1

As there is always one of my oldies nodding off in the doorway, I think we may end up with a headless chicken!  

On 3/1/2019 at 6:10 PM, Patricia W said:

As there is always one of my oldies nodding off in the doorway, I think we may end up with a headless chicken!  

I don't think this would happen.

We tested it on a clementine before we put it on the cube.

The door does a very good job of re-opening if there is something there.

The door re-opens 4 times and then remains open if there is still something in the way.

• Thanks 1

You leave the original door open and fix the door to the outside but you do need the fixing bracket.

He says it is easy to do as long as you have that 😊