patsylabrador

Happy Ladies (chickens)

It's a bit hard to see through the mesh but my old pals love this spot in their little home. We had an old apple tree which we loved because of the memories that we have of our kids playing in it. It was enjoyed and probably abused by their games and we were too sad to get rid of the tree entirely. It was rotten inside but the bark has made a lovely, cosy place for the chickens. They're always snuggled inside or sitting on this. Ivy and other plants have grown around it so I feel that although they often have to be caged it's a good habitat. I think they're happy? It's hard to know! 

DSC01460.JPG

DSC01461.JPG

DSC01462.JPG

They did kill off most of the greenery when they were younger but they've always been quite restrained. I don't know if that's because they're bantams. Yes I believe they're Light Sussex type chickens. I've never known for sure but that's what they look like. Now they don't bother so much about hard work. They just nibble away at soft leaves and they do like ice cream. They're 10 now. We lost one to a fox 🦊

• Thanks 1