MamaCoop

Looking for inspiration for a low level permanent run

I have 3 hens. We have a Go and a 3m run. They free range all day within  Omlet fencing giving them an area of about 7mx4m. 

I want to make them a permanent run to protect from Mr Fox and plenty of room as their current run is too cramped for them. Something around 5 x 3 and preferably wooden. 

I have a low hedge both sides of my garden so cant really have a typical height walk in run. I know Omlet do the Low Rise but I think this is a little too low as I want to put some perches in. The ideal would be a height in between omlets full height and lo rise run. 

Ive trawled the internet and cant seem to find any wooden  type runs of this height. Ive even looked at dog kennels and runs but they dont seem to be open enough for the hens. 

Has anyone built their own or bought one they could share a picture with me?  

Not sure  if I am looking for something that doesnt exist?! 

Many thanks for any advice

Edited by MamaCoop

Somewhere on here are lots of pictures of runs.  Someone more technologically proficient than me will hopefully come along to find it.  I would think your best bet would be to find a handyman to build one to your design.  Then you can put a picture up to inspire others! 

5 minutes ago, Patricia W said:

Somewhere on here are lots of pictures of runs.  Someone more technologically proficient than me will hopefully come along to find it.  I would think your best bet would be to find a handyman to build one to your design.  Then you can put a picture up to inspire others! 

Might this be it?

click on the link in the first post for just photos.

9 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

Yes, well done Cat tails, I wasn't sure that post would work because of lots of photos being on Photobucket, but there did seem to be photos there 😊

If you click on “here” in the first post, you go to a thread with just the photos. Most there still work.