Peter

Hot Weather.

Hi All, from hot Northumberland UK.

We are having lovely weather to day & it going to be hotter tomorrow.

My ladies are walking round with there wings & beak open trying to keep cool.

I have just looked out of the window and there loving neighbour is sitting in our garden feeding them,

she loves them and has given them her own names for them.

I have always wanted chickens all my life & was so pleased when my family said on my 70th birthday it was ok to have them.

The reason I need their permission is that I go on lots of holidays so need chicken sitters.

So in January this year I started planing and reading about Keeping them.

Bye for now Peter in the sun.

• Thanks 1

That sounds lovely. I hope having chickens is everything you hoped for. I'm just relaxing in the garden with the chickens and a mouse and a squirrel that are brave enough to join us. My daughter has bought a little paddling pool for us to cool our feet in tomorrow and that is pretty much all we plan to do. 

I’ve had a stinking chest cold this week and so have either been off sick or working from home. The chooks are delighted because it’s meant they’ve been able to free range in the garden all week. It’s just cooled down now as it clouded over at lunch time but they’ve spent most of the last two days in the shade under the shrubs.