Hi, I am also getting crush detected on the screen and I have no idea what else to try - I have reset several times, with and without wires attached. Removed batteries, squeezed crush controller and I am beginning to run out of ideas - does anyone else have any other ideas?

On 9/25/2020 at 3:04 PM, Joe P said:

I believe I have sorted this problem out.  What I was missing is that the door does not run a re-calibration if a factory reset is performed while the module is connected to the door.  You must perform a factory reset of the module while the wiring is disconnected from the door.  Then, when you reconnect the module, it will re-calibrate the open/close positions.  After doing this, my door began working very well.

I believe the trouble is that, logically, people are assembling the door and testing it before actually mounting it to the coop.  This results in a calibration that may not be proper for the door once installed.  The door then thinks it is blocked and open/closes repeatedly.

Hope this helps!

This was super helpful, completely sorted out the problem and saved me a lot of time and work! My door kept opening and closing saying door blocked and door fault, the battery stayed at 30% even with new batteries. I factory reset the device then removed the new batteries, unplugged the wiring, then put the batteries back in and plugged the wires in again. The charge went to 100% and it calibrated and works perfectly again! 

Thank you very much

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2021 at 7:44 AM, paul0 said:

This was super helpful, completely sorted out the problem and saved me a lot of time and work! My door kept opening and closing saying door blocked and door fault, the battery stayed at 30% even with new batteries. I factory reset the device then removed the new batteries, unplugged the wiring, then put the batteries back in and plugged the wires in again. The charge went to 100% and it calibrated and works perfectly again! 

Thank you very much

On 9/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, Joe P said:

I believe I have sorted this problem out.  What I was missing is that the door does not run a re-calibration if a factory reset is performed while the module is connected to the door.  You must perform a factory reset of the module while the wiring is disconnected from the door.  Then, when you reconnect the module, it will re-calibrate the open/close positions.  After doing this, my door began working very well.

I believe the trouble is that, logically, people are assembling the door and testing it before actually mounting it to the coop.  This results in a calibration that may not be proper for the door once installed.  The door then thinks it is blocked and open/closes repeatedly.

Hope this helps!

I am so grateful for these posts! Thank you! I tried @Joe P 's solution first and that didn't quite do it for me because I didn't take the batteries out. I only disconnected the wires. Then I tried @paul0's solution, taking the batteries out and VOILA, I am back in business again! To be clear, here are steps I followed: 

• factory reset the module
  • unplugged cables
  • removed batteries
  • plugged cables back in
  • replaced batteries
  • held the OK button for 3 seconds to begin calibration

All set! The module even said it was calibrating when I put the batteries back into the unit. I'm so happy to have it working again. My girls and I have been very spoiled over the past year. We all hated this past week where the door wasn't working correctly!

Also, the reason my door stopped working is because I decided after a year of it working perfectly, I would change the batteries. The batteries were only reading 40% which is crazy since I thought they wouldn't last long. They didn't need to be changed but I wanted to do it just to keep things running smoothly. After I changed them, the module still read 40% so I was a bit confused. I decided I must have to factory reset it to get the battery level to read correctly. That's when everything went askew because I didn't follow the steps above. 

• Like 1

Some advice on the regular report of doors being blocked when they aren't, the crush detector is a very simple mechanism consisting of the cover, two springs and 4 microswitch.

There is a very large space between the cover and the door frame, which is susceptible to dirt build up. It is also not protected from water ingress during cleaning.

I recently bought a secondhand door that had been 'cleaned' but this was limited to the visible surfaces, once I had removed all the covers and stripped it down it became clear that there was a large build up of dirt in the crush detector. 

The microswitch type used in the detector are very sensitive and could very easily be activated by a dirt build up that holds the switch closed. This then makes the system think the door is obstructed.

It might be worth checking that this isn't the case when the symptoms are related to a phantom blockage.

Be careful though as the springs are quite fiddly to reposition if you are not used to working with this kind of thing.

I wonder if anyone can assist?

Omlet Auto Door is playing up and resetting the realtime to wrong time therefore messing up the programmed opening and closing times.

This has happened twice now and finding it really frustrating as cannot rely on the opening time 6:30am

I have factory reset each time and checked the real time, closing time and opening time were all correct before bedtime, however in the morning the

door did not open at the real time had changed however the programmed opening and closing times were still set.

Why is this happening.   Our auto door is plugged into outdoor electric socket .  

Hi Deborah,

I think there could be an issue with the stability of power, the timer in the control unit would appear to work similar to most microcontroller in that when you give it a time as a reference it uses a running offset from that point to calculate the current time.

If this gets interrupted in any way even for a few milliseconds the timer would reset to 0.

As a test of the power supply try running the door on battery for a week and see if the issue clears. If it does the power supply is causing the issue, if not it could be an issue in the control unit.

I run 4 on battery but on light not time so haven't seen this issue. If it doesn't fix the issue I have one other idea that I would look into but only if the battery doesn't fix it.

I got the crush detected message and stumbled upon this Forum.

I tried what was described here but nothing helped.

I called the Dutch helpdesk. They were super helpful. As the door was still under guarantee they first sent a new control panel.

That did not help. They then sent a new door.

I opened the old door and saw the gear module was full of dirt.

See picture.

Old door was sent back for inspection so I did not clean it but I think just cleaning the gear module would have solved the problem.

The gear module has several holes. I wonder if they hadn't better make this part waterproof so that it gets less dirt.

Knipsel.JPG

Edited by Amazone
  • Like 1

I have the same issue with my door. I just reported it tonight, I'm hoping to get an answer soon as I agree, this is a very expensive piece. This has been going on for 3 weeks now and my door is only a few months old. I've had to replace the batteries 3 times already and it still doesn't want to work. I'm so frustrated. It locks part of my flock in at night and part outside. I have to go check on them before dark and open the back door to put my birds in so their safe. This isn't efficient at all.

I have the same problem tonight the door didn’t close at all. It’s been closing but not fully. I have no confidence that it will open or close auto so I am getting up at 6am to ensure they are out and checking that the door is closed late at night. I have followed all the tips without success.