Sara_PC

Hentronix not working - anyone else had any issues?

Hi,

I've had a Hentronix system for a Go Up for about 18 months and never had any issues. A few months ago it stopped working, and the motor would only turn if I unplugged/reconnected the battery. 

We bought a new battery, but it still didn't work. So we emailed Hentronix who asked us to send it to them for checking. They can't find anything wrong with the system, and are saying it's because there must be light pollution stopping the unit from realising it's dark (there are no lights anywhere near it). So they're sending it back, but I'm not convinced it will work.  So we've wasted 2 lots of postage (sending it out, paying for it posting back) for Hentronix to offer no solution (other than suggest we pay a £70 upgrade for the mobile app - no thanks, not wasting more money on a broken unit), so I'm guessing I'm going to get the unit back, re-connect it and be stuck back at square one with it not working again. 

I'm a bit cheesed off with Hentronix's customer service to be honest - they've not been very helpful and I feel as if I've wasted £££ on the door opener to only have it working for 18 months. And don't get me wrong, it was great while it worked but it's seems like it wasn't built to last. 

Has anyone else had any issues? Our Hentronix units must be getting on a bit now so I'm intrigued to see how many issues are popping up with them now they've been in use for a while.

We're having the same issues, the opener wasn't opening with the sunrise so paid to upgrade the board to the app type so yo could set the opening/closing time with the app but the fault has reoccurred and the Hentronix guys have not replied to any correspondence. 

Our unit is only 9 months old and the new circuit board is only a month old.

Hi all. Ive had problems with a hentronix door opener too. With very unsympathetic staff at hentronix. It's out of warranty which is fair enough but they have said that it's tough job opening and closing a chicken door so don't expect it to last more than 3 years.  I'm paraphrasing. They were very good at helping me diagnose the problem and identified a faulty circuit board. They were happy to sell me the latest model circuit board at £88.  My concern then was if you can't expect the system to last more than 3 years would I next have to buy a new motor or other component. So it's probably better to buy a whole new system now rather than throw good money after bad.  Looking around there are much cheaper options.  They claim theirs is the best but I beg to differ on that front.  A circuit board housed in a dry container should certainly last more than 3 years.  I'm not happy with hentronix and would like to warn other potential customers. 

Hentronix

I purchased the new Wi-Fi board with app after having the Hentronix opener for a few years. The original boards problem is that when there are dark heavy rain clouds it closes early locking the hens out, so I needed something with a timed function. When I originally bought the opener the chap was really helpful. I’m very disappointed to say that this new purchase and the after sales is awful. The board was fitted after arrival [this was over 3 weeks after I ordered it!] Hentronix stated a delay of 2 weeks but I had to constantly chase it up. The board seemed to work ok initially and easy set up. But the next day I went to the coop in the morning to find the door had not opened and the hens were trapped inside! I contacted Edward at Hentronix, who advised me to reset the board. Then followed a month! Of me trying to get help with this ongoing problem. The board freezes in either open or closed position  randomly. Hentronix are only contactable by email and take days to respond. Not good if you are dealing with equipment looking after livestock! He basically kept saying it was strange it did not work and tried blaming a power problem. I checked all voltages and power was fine. Strangely He would not swap the board for a replacement! This makes me believe this board is still in a development stage, and I would not trust it at all to look after my hens as I am away quite a lot. As a small business you need to get your customer care right, not answering emails is terrible, and to have a phone line that’s states you can only contact by email because of covid is ridiculous. I don’t mind waiting as long as I am kept informed as to what’s happening to solve a problem, In the end I gave up as nothing was happening and I could get no information from Edward on what solution to the problem he could suggest, I had waited over another week for an email to answer to my question of an update, then realised he did not have an answer and was ignoring my messages! the board was returned for refund. I then had to open a case with PayPal to get my money back as once again Hentronix were ignoring my emails and texts. I really do not recommend the Hentronix wifi board, or the company! I will be purchasing a new opener from another company as all I wanted was the timer function.

I'm having very similar issues Deno but in my case the opener itself is behaving but keeps losing the Wi Fi connection & refusing to re-connect for several days when it suddenly re-connects on it's own, which Edward assures me it can't !  I also have a web cam set up on the coop & twice recently the birds have not retired when they should have and this was bought as Bluetooth / Wi Fi for the sole reason of being able to control it when not actually present.  Great idea, just not reliable !!

MikeGH I have noticed since I reviewed Hentronix on trustpilot (1 star), the bad reviews have started to appear. It appears lots of people are now having problems with this companies products and the fact that Edward hides away from replying knowing that the product is totally unreliable. It also interesting that the 1 star review I sent via their website did NOT get posted! So it makes me wonder how many others have left bad reviews on Hentronix products page and Edward has removed them? Definitely will never deal with Hentronix again.

Hentronix door is useless!  Got a lithium battery pack which won’t charge.  Edward said they would send out a replacement “today” with a tracking number. That was 5 days ago - no tracking number.  Door is useless.  Will have to remove the hardware and restore the original.  Do not buy this brand.  Eglu door is working great on my other coop.

I just started having similar problems. I reloaded the app thinking maybe that was the problem, but once reloading the app, you need to add your door which is not being detected.  I don’t see a light on my box anymore, United is about 5 months old. Note I’m trying to contact hentronix which is not easy.