purpleycat

Cockerel

If you don't want to breed at all, why have you got a cockerel?

A cockerel would make an excellent sunday dinner!

Is it because you think it looks pretty or is it just incase your battery fails on your alarm clock? lol

I just thought it was worth a mention in case you thought you needed a cockerel to produce eggs (which many people commonly mistake) you can of course produce eggs quite happily with no cockerel present.

Yep, I did think that as well but I thought they might have got them just to produce eggs and was just giving a bit of friendly advice in case they didn't know. :lol:

You'd be suprised at the amount of people I talk to that think you need to have a cockerel to produce eggs.... :roll:

I had the same thing, the majority of my friends asked if we would get eggs without having a cockeral!!! I guess I came on this site before telling everyone and read the omlet guide which says you don't need them and didn't give it a 2nd thought since but I forget they don't pass the time at work on a long day reading about chickens!!