Annaspanner

Can I replace wooden bars with plastic in a my 1 classic?

Hi, 

I don't know much but I think you can purchase them online. If you go to the omlet home page, towards the top of the pages you can select a variety of animals, select chickens. Then it gives you loads of pictures with headings, towards the bottom you will find one that titled spares, click that and you will find mark 1 roosting bars which appear to,be plastic for £25 excluding p+p. Some people prefer the wooden ones though, for grip (and the environment)

HTH

Edited by Microstead

Is it a Mark 1 or Mark 2 classic? 
If it’s a Mark 2 classic the roosting bars will look like this and you can replace them with plastic ones. If it’s a Mark 1 classic then you will have to use the wooden ones.

I replaced the wooden bars with plastic ones available on the main Omlet website and they are very robust and easy to clean too!  

• Like 1

Ive just realised i misread and thought you wrote mk 1 so assumed it was a cube. 

Anyway, omlet sell lots of spares that aren't on the website. Once you've identified which classic you have, you can then look at the instructions for setting up and each part has a reference number identified. You can then call omlet with the reference number who can tell you if they have a spare plastic replacement for it and how much it will cost. I had to buy lots of spares that weren't advertised on the site this way

Edited by Microstead

34 minutes ago, Geoid said:

Is it a Mark 1 or Mark 2 classic? 
If it’s a Mark 2 classic the roosting bars will look like this and you can replace them with plastic ones. If it’s a Mark 1 classic then you will have to use the wooden ones.

I replaced the wooden bars with plastic ones available on the main Omlet website and they are very robust and easy to clean too!  

If it has wire mesh in the base, then it's a mark 1.

Mark 1, note the shorter poo tray and individual wooden roosting bars

E8276577-6F23-4DB7-A5C8-5649E494A4D0.thumb.jpeg.4b26fab995b4a06aa1060c013f492f7d.jpeg

Mark 2

5b491d500b00e259a041dbe3

• Like 1