The Dogmother

Do you give your chooks treats?

Lots of good peeps on here - it's where I learnt so much from . . . and still do - and I've had chickens for 12 years now (the oldest were 10+).  There is always something new that catches you out.  I've probably had more issues in the last 18 months than I did in Hampshire - but then there's an awful lot more wildlife around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mother Tweed said:

I have just mixed up their wormer in with a weeks worth of pellets, put it out and have briefed my husband that they are to get absolutely no/zero/nada treats this week. I will see if that makes a difference and if not will restrict their free ranging time right down further again. I will keep them cooped up until 10:00 and put them back in from 18:00 on a strict routine this week and that cuts them back by 3.5 hours per day from their current raking about time ☺️

I actually meant restricting it to an hour max, not just cutting an hour off. 😉

But it will make a difference anyway. Hope it will sort itself. 

1 hour ago, Mother Tweed said:

Thank you so much for taking your time to give me advice, I actually already feel so much more confident in a couple of hours of having people who know what they are talking about helping me! 

We all learn a lot from each other on here and can only give our humble opinion. What you do with it is up to you! 😉

After 6 years I still am flummoxed sometimes by my chickens. They can surprise you by a million and one things/issues/problems! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hamsters are the same 🤣. I've had to cut right back on fresh fruit and veg as Bogbrush won't now eat the dried food.  Hades, on the other hand, at half the size will just hoover up everything bar the little pellets. 

If I ever had to give my girls anything medicinal I made up a warm oaty mash as they always gobbled that down but it was sometimes difficult to make sure that each got her 'share'!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, soapdragon said:

Hamsters are the same 🤣. I've had to cut right back on fresh fruit and veg as Bogbrush won't now eat the dried food.  Hades, on the other hand, at half the size will just hoover up everything bar the little pellets. 

If I ever had to give my girls anything medicinal I made up a warm oaty mash as they always gobbled that down but it was sometimes difficult to make sure that each got her 'share'!

Bogbrush??? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2