chooks a go go

Eglu hater...

they now only have one little , squirrel proof feeder way up high (like rats can't climb or chew through wire). He may as well have ended his little speach by saying, "So they MUST be YOUR rats! We are squeaky clean round here!" :evil: :evil: :evil:

The rats don't need to be able to climb up or chew through the wire - birds eating from this feeder will drop bits on the floor. Other birds may eat all the dropped seeds etc. but I expect there will still be some bits left which will attract rats.

they now only have one little , squirrel proof feeder way up high (like rats can't climb or chew through wire). He may as well have ended his little speach by saying, "So they MUST be YOUR rats! We are squeaky clean round here!" :evil: :evil: :evil:

The rats don't need to be able to climb up or chew through the wire - birds eating from this feeder will drop bits on the floor. Other birds may eat all the dropped seeds etc. but I expect there will still be some bits left which will attract rats.

:doh: ...of course...I didn't think of that. My brain doesn't seem to be functioning awfully well since all this rat disaster! Well, that's my excuse, anyway...

Good luck with the rat man, I don't really think it's your fault and they would probably have just appeared anyway. I think I will definitely laugh if your neighbour is the one who has the rats!!!

It's very odd how some people get rats and others don't. We've never had rats, (to our knowledge anyway) and since we've had this house we've used compost bins, (I think! Mum and Dad bought the house about 24 years ago!!!).