xChicken04x

What colour do you think she will lay?

Hiya, we have a 25 week old Jasmine (cream legbar hybrid) called Clover. The lady at Garden poultry said she will lay between 25-27 weeks, any time now really. I taken some piccies of her face and earlobes (I know, I'm so sad!) Just to see what colour you think she will lay out of blue/green. Also her face is pale and her comb is tiney and pink/redish so when do you think she will lay?

Here are some piccies:

chickenpiccies171.jpg

chickenpiccies172.jpg

So what do you think?

P.s sorry the piccies are a bit big!

xx

Don't worry I will!

The lady at Garden Polutry said she will lay either blue or green eggs, if not she will lay pastel coloured eggs. She also said if she doesnt lay the colour I want then bring her back and swap her :shock: But that was a big NO! I don't mind at all what colour she lays!

Although it would be nice to know.......(because I'm very impatiant)

xx

I am also very impatient, you just can't wait fir that 1st egg. I took the silver laced wyandottes because Iwas told they laid white eggs. They don't :( but they are pale and taste scrummy anyway! :)

Good luck with the wait at least you will know before my lot. (As they are only 1 1/2 weeks old!)

Hi, I only have my Cream Legbar to compare her to, who laid at 25 weeks. I'd say its not a case of blue OR green but more a bluey-green - if you see what I mean :roll: . I was told that if the ear lobes look blue then she's near to laying, also mine has a much bigger comb than Clover and Clover seems a bit more 'ginger'!......so....basically, its a case of 'wait and see' :lol:

I'm impatiently waiting for my two columbines to lay too. :roll: One is showing signs of coming into lay, face turning redder but no crouching yet. She went into the eglu yesterday afternoon and sat in the nest box. I thought, yipee this is it, but she must have just been trying out for size!!!!! :( Still waiting to see what colour she'll lay . . . . . . . . .

Maybe the colour will vary I find with our Pepperpots they sometimes lay really dark eggs sometimes quite pale.

The eggs of our White Star are a really dramatic pure china white, still waiting on the Light Sussex who I think is supposed to lay creamy coloured eggs.

First eggs are so exciting :)

Hiya, thank you all for the replies!

Clovers face is red today, but her comb is still tiney and pinkish/red. Her ear lobes are quite blue toady. It looks as if she hasn't quite decided between blue or green yet! They look more torquise!

She has been occasionaly following the big girls up to the nesting box and sitting with them (much to their discust) which is a good sighn. Although I'm sure they plan there next escape rout when they go up 2 at a time :lol::think::anxious:

Still no crouching yet though, but she has lost her little cheep she does any its starting to sound more like a squeal like the big girls!

Anyway, i will keep you all informed!

xx