susiepoos

Hamilton fiasco

Sorry to be a grump (yet again), but why does anyone get at all excited about someone driving a piece of high technology round and round in circles - using up fossil fuels and benefiting mankind not one tiny jot - oh and melting a bit of polar ice cap while he's doing it.

I'd like them all to blow up on the start line. At least then it might be more interesting.

Motor racing has to be the biggest yawn ever invented, and one of the most ecologically dumb and unproductive activity every thought of.

Not that I'm intolerant or anything.

I'm sorry to be a grump too, but next time you watch the race live and it's being repeated at a more civilised time please put the word SPOILER in your thread title.

I have the art of not hearing race news down to perfection, sometimes I am out and have to record it to watch in the evening and I can still manage not to hear the result. It's like that episode of the Likely Lads where the football is being shown in the evening but I manage it.

I opened this thread this morning thinking it was about the hearing this week and his comments afterwards. I :o only read the first line but it was enough to spoil my race. Fortunatly that did mean I got to concentrate more on putting my new cube together and now my girlies are happily asleep in it :lol:

Sorry to be a grump (yet again), but why does anyone get at all excited about someone driving a piece of high technology round and round in circles - using up fossil fuels and benefiting mankind not one tiny jot - oh and melting a bit of polar ice cap while he's doing it.

I'd like them all to blow up on the start line. At least then it might be more interesting.

Motor racing has to be the biggest yawn ever invented, and one of the most ecologically dumb and unproductive activity every thought of.

Not that I'm intolerant or anything.

I agree Richard, they should only be allowed one gallon of 2 star each and only have tyres made from recycled crocs, that would level the field a bit, Oh and yes speed bumps near the pits.

Having said that Space Exploration could be viewed the same way, ie waste of dosh but spawned many a good invention.

Brumm, brummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kev :wink:

I just thank goodness its not as boring as

• football
    rubgy
    athletics
    the olympics (how about every 40 years?)
    Tennis
    Snooker
    GOLF!!!! (What is the point of televised golf???)

And all the other rot that junks up the weekend schedule! And often puts Top Gear off!!!!

I just thank goodness its not as boring as

• GOLF!!!! (What is the point of televised golf???)

And all the other rot that junks up the weekend schedule! And often puts Top Gear off!!!!

ARRGGHHH. Top Gear, I pay a licence fee for that drivel. Presented by a load of neuronally challenged infants who ... ARRghhhh, this is doing my blood pressure no good at all. In my humble opinion (!) Mr Clarkeson is someone who has an ego far far far in excess of any modicum of ability or intelligence he might hope to possess.

Now then, televised golf. There is a point to that I can assure you. It has far less side effects than any of the sleeping tablets I know of. And, if you can stay awake, Peter Alliss is just the mutt's nuts when it comes to talking you through a rainy afternoon. Nearly as good as, or maybe even better than, test match cricket.

Yep Pengy you have a point, at least with Golf anyway!

Waste of a good walk :lol:

Kev.

Why a waste of a good walk? It is a good walk. Wacking a golf ball around at the same time doesn't detract at all from the walk.

I don't understand why the walk is diminished by the golf? I play on the most fantastic course (I use the word play advisadly given the standard of my golf!) between the sea and the marshes. It is a magnificent walk that I would never do if I wasn't going out for a round of golf.

Why a waste of a good walk? It is a good walk. Wacking a golf ball around at the same time doesn't detract at all from the walk.

I don't understand why the walk is diminished by the golf? I play on the most fantastic course (I use the word play advisadly given the standard of my golf!) between the sea and the marshes. It is a magnificent walk that I would never do if I wasn't going out for a round of golf.

Sorry Richard, I was being mischievous there I know you play :wink:

Kev.

Oh and I forgot cricket. Any "game" that lasts for days should NOT be televised. Curiously its such a slow game that the radio coverage makes for a good chat show though.

As for Jeremy Clarkson. Don't diss him he is a god. I stopped watching Top Gear when he wasn't on it. I had erotic dreams about him when I was pregnant (although I didn't think I fancied him). I just love all the stuff he does, oh and I like cars a lot too. (but NEVER NEVER enjoy any women on car shows!)

oh dear, time to watch some golf methinks...

Kev.

But Richard, if you replaced the golf clubs with a nice rucksack and some butties, you could go so much further and see so much more! :wink:

Kev.

But Richard, if you replaced the golf clubs with a nice rucksack and some butties, you could go so much further and see so much more! :wink:

Nooooo

Doesn't work like that!

Holidays I can go out with my rucksack etc. and pretend to be Wainwright and all the rest of the wild outdoor walker stuff.

Sunday mornings I have limited time. Golf course is 3 minutes from my house. So what a great excuse for a walk - and I get to thrash the golf ball around as well. And other people aren't on the course so I can be antisocial and don't have to talk to people.

I'm going to bed now as this isn't fun any more; you are winding me up on purpose.

I'm going to bed now as this isn't fun any more; you are winding me up on purpose.

:roll::roll: You have me sussed. :D

Actually I am going to agree with you now Richard - walking round on your own, muttering under your breath and bashing things must be quite therapeutic, and you could only do it on a golf course. Anywhere else and they'd have you sectioned! :wink:

I'm sorry to be a grump too, but next time you watch the race live and it's being repeated at a more civilised time please put the word SPOILER in your thread title.

I have the art of not hearing race news down to perfection, sometimes I am out and have to record it to watch in the evening and I can still manage not to hear the result. It's like that episode of the Likely Lads where the football is being shown in the evening but I manage it.

I opened this thread this morning thinking it was about the hearing this week and his comments afterwards. I :o only read the first line but it was enough to spoil my race. Fortunatly that did mean I got to concentrate more on putting my new cube together and now my girlies are happily asleep in it :lol:

I am sooooo sorry :doh::doh::doh: - I genuinely never thought that I would spoil someone elses viewing - I just assumed that if you were a F1 fan you'd have been up to watch - won't happen again - promise - you will be up by 5pm for Brazil??????

Oh I was once at a weekend away event and ended up staying up all night with a virtual stranger to watch the Japanese GP live!

Those days are over though, weekends I have a lay in instead of getting up at stupid o'clock and then if I want any peace I have to watch Cbeebies. Often the GP for me is on in the evening after bedtime :cry:

Mind you the year I was pregnant I watched all the races live, and the Italian national anthem after schumaker had won in the ferrari became like an alarm clock. I dont think I saw more than about 10 laps of any race!

I have to confess to a little chuckle when Lewis went out, i was thrilled that Kimi won :D

Now i just have to hope that the two Mclarens take each other out in Brazil so that Kimi wins the title.

Whilst i think Lewis has done some good for the sport, i am sick and tired of the "Lewis Hamilton Show" which preceeds every race.

Go Kimi!!!

:roll::roll: You have me sussed. :D

Actually I am going to agree with you now Richard - walking round on your own, muttering under your breath and bashing things must be quite therapeutic, and you could only do it on a golf course. Anywhere else and they'd have you sectioned! :wink:

Now just look at these views - from the eighth tee and back down the ninth fairway from the ninth green. Isn't it a fantastic sight early in the morning with no one else around? But hitting the ball over the water is not such a nice prospect!

1517209053_35bdbb7e49.jpg

1517208519_b023635267.jpg

Of course it's a totally different view when the tides out!