missuscluck

Jamie Oliver polenta blob with poultry on the top.

But he did have a quick dig a battery chickens. He said that the bird he shot and plucked had had a much better life than 90% of the chickens you buy in the supermarket which have been kept in terrible conditions. So I'll forgive him the polenta (which I normally quite like but he made that look disgusting!)

Actually it was nice for me to see an English person serving polenta that way, we used to eat it all the time at home like that, usually covered in braised lamb. I cant get my family to eat it 'au naturel' like that but they will eat it cooled sliced and fried. As he sadi it's no more bizarre than mashed spuds!

The polenta 'nest' was leaking, it would have made a right mess of the average dining table, no wonder he was in the garden.

My OH looked at the polenta and shuddered to much like semolina, or thick porridge for him.

Did anyone watch the Wild Gourmet after Jamie? How come that woman is so thin, must have an eating disorder surely. She looked absolutely frozen for most of the programme.

:anxious: I didn't see the programme, but I like polenta, especially when served with lots of lovely juices, great with roast summer veggies, loads of olive oil and basil........... yum, yum. I'll be looking out for this recipe, might be worth a try :wink:

I've never been an artistic cook I'm afraid, most of my meals taste OK, but presentation lets me down every time :oops: . So if Jamie can fall down with the way his polenta meal looks there might be hope for me yet 8):lol::lol::lol:

I haven't watched it yet - but I like polenta as well. I'll have to watch it soon and see what he did.

It can't look any worse than my choice of Indian takeaway - Vegetable Biryani - I've never seen such 'brown' food :? but it tastes delicious. I suppose we're all so used to seeing 'staged' food on foodie programmes that we forget that some meals just don't look as good as they may taste :lol:

. I suppose we're all so used to seeing 'staged' food on foodie programmes that we forget that some meals just don't look as good as they may taste :lol:

That remind me of the Russian Salad I had on holiday (in Greece?!) tasted divine but was described by my OH as "The only dish inspired by vomit" :lol:

. I suppose we're all so used to seeing 'staged' food on foodie programmes that we forget that some meals just don't look as good as they may taste :lol:

That remind me of the Russian Salad I had on holiday (in Greece?!) tasted divine but was described by my OH as "The only dish inspired by vomit" :lol:

Not the only one. :lol:

My son said that Nigella's scrambled egg with chilli's, spring onions and chopped up fajitas looked like a plateful of puke.

He's right....it did. :?