Peter

Bird flu netting

Here is a type of netting which can be purchased from (Gardening-Naturally). I have purchased this "Veggiemesh" before to cover my cabbages and it is has an excellent life span and not to expensive. It could be used to cover existing wire runs or a new one. 

The Chief Veterinary Officers for England, Scotland and Wales have agreed to bring in new measures to help protect poultry and captive birds, following a number of cases of avian influenza in both wild and captive birds in the UK.

The new housing measures, which will come into force on 14 December, mean that it will be a legal requirement for all bird keepers to keep their birds indoors and to follow strict biosecurity measures in order to limit the spread of and eradicate the disease.

• Like 1

I was just about to order "Veggiemesh" from (Gardening-Naturally). Then I remembered I had an alternative. I have covered their run with my grandchildren old trampoline netting which is very fine and will stop the wild birds from access. I am so annoyed that there are 3 people I know of in my village are not keeping there chickens in.Peter

Looks like I am wedged between the north and the south in Northumberland. 

It is so annoying that I am keeping to the rules and a minimum of 3 other chicken keepers in my village are not keeping to them. I respect the chickens other people have and love my own birds and would not want anything to happen to them. Peter 

• Like 1