clucker1

Boredom Busters

Any suggestions with boredom busters please. I’ve used a 1.4kg pecking block which was great but quite expensive but great hentertainment! Other than that veg peelings etc. Feel sorry for the girls not being able to go out, they have a decent size run, but it’s not the same as free ranging. And how long is a piece of string, I see there’s another outbreak in East Devon, hopefully that will be it and they can go out again soon.

Thank you both.I’ll take a look and yes I know re outbreaks, just a bit fed up with them atm! Meanwhile!! Just as well my girls weren’t out this afternoon....as we had our first afternoon visit from Mr Fox 🦊! Always comes at night but never daytime. Had the nerve to eat the food off my bird table and returned after we chased him first time too. 😡😡😡

Yes, count on the AI lockdown lasting until at least March, just think of them keeping safe (much as we're doing right now). 

You'd be surprised that they get less bored than you'd think I just rotate a couple of 'amusements' and they soon settle into the new routine.

Foxes are cold and hungry (and usually pregnant!) at this tie of year, so (even outside lockdown) mine are usually confined to barracks during the winter.

Thanks DM. That isn’t such a bad idea confining them to barracks for the winter. Mine are 100 feet away from my window when they’re free ranging but seeing how fast Mr Fox 🦊 can run, I’m not sure I’d have got there in time. With corn and another treat each day, they do seem ok. I did wonder if my OAP skyline would keep going but she’s ok, nearly 10 years old. She’s my favourite but don’t tell the others!