Guest chookiehen

Finished at last......

Thank you Richard, I hope that you have a good one too.

We are adjourning to the board room shortly for bacon sarnies, mince pies and wine.

Some of the chaps here are wearing totally tasteless 'Christmas clothes' like singing ties and daft waistcoats - not my scene at all. :roll: Sooner I am out of here today the better.

Have a great one everybody!

CX

Hey :shock:

I am still in one piece :shock:

And so is the MIL :shock:

I am being very very very very good - cant you just see my halo shining from here :D

Hate the fact that she smokes at the kitchen door though - why cant she go outside properly. I dont want her dirty smoke cutting through all the lovely Christmassy food smells :evil:

Oops, sorry, think my halo has just slipped a bit :oops::wink:

Thanks for all your words of encorougement guys and I really hope you all have a lovely Christmas

And, yes Kate, I will keep my hands off sharp instruments (cant promise to keep them off her neck though - any tips for dispatching a scraggy old bird Lesley :wink: )

I have a confession. I AM A MOTHER IN LAW

Get the garlic out!

I saw my daughter in law on Friday and Saturday, and I am seeing the other one on Tuesday.

You've got me scared witless now! I thought they liked me!

I don't drink, don't smoke, keep the children happy, only stay a short time - got any more tips for surviving - for them and me?

Worst of all I am a STEPMOTHER AND STEPMOTHER-IN -LAW

Cripes those poor children.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great hearing your MIL experiences, really made me laugh and I can just picture the scenes. I try to be the opposite, but I expect they will log on as guests and come up with something :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You sound like a lovely mum-in-law. I wish I had a mum in law. I lost mine 5 years ago, and I just know she would have been a great nana to my 2 children.

Hope everyone's having a great Christmas. We've had a fab day, my 2 kiddies had TONS of pressies (and there'll be loads more tomorrow!!) - completely overwhelmed.

This seems to be the first night in ages, that I feel really chilled out (maybe because of the wine, or maybe because Christmas holidays are finally here). It's great to be able to browse the forum again - so here I go - browsing. TTFN :wink:

You can't drink in your sleep so that narrows it down to certain hours in the day, and breakfast is generally too early so that narrows it down to about 12 potential hours, say lunch time to about midnight typically :lol::lol::lol:

Nice to get back home after visiting family Saturday-Wednesday :D and see our chickens again. :D Had about 1 day to recover, in work half a day then its bank holiday, followed by back to work. Where is my holiday I would like to know.... :x There are so many useful things to do at home, like put beading around the laminate flooring we (well boyf) put down in the Summer.