Guest chookiehen

Finished at last......

Yup, I ran to Argos this morning, picked up the last 2 things I needed to get for the kids, so I am now officially finished my Christmas present shopping! To say I delighted would be an understatement - usually Christmas Eve involves a mad dash to some toy shop to pick up something or other. Im sooooo organised, I've even bought Caitys birthday present (her birthday is the 30th) - must remember to put it to one side and not wrap it for her stocking like I did last year, though!

All I have to do now is finish the food shopping, but I cn do that after work tonight - hopefully it'll be quietish at 11pm, certainly quieter than it is now!

Ah well, I'd better start the wrapping then......

:D:D:D:D:D

Oh my goodness my - your energy levels are off the Richter scale.

I hope that means the head down the loo phase is now over for you chookehen.

What a difference a few weeks make huh?

Great to hear you so upbeat now.

:D:D:D:D

Still feel the need to vomit persistently, but I find that if I keep busy it fades into the background. Have also found that if I stop for more than 5 minutes, I tend to fall asleep for 1/2 hour, which I can't really afford to do at the moment! Plenty time for rest after Christmas, when I start to balloon!

:P Well done Chookiehen ... I too have just returned, from getting the last bits of food, that will keep till sunday. Got one of those sprout trees 8) , as it looks less intimidating than a bag of sprouts :wink::lol: . Somehow managed to sneak a bottle of Baileys into the trolley, :D , and a last minute gift for one of Bens friends at school, who presented him with a parcel last night.

Last cuppa and feet up ... then the school run, for the last time this year :shock:

Last cuppa and feet up ... then the school run, for the last time this year :shock:

Our school doesn't finish up till Friday lunchtime - just like when I was wee - gives me plenty time to get things sorted, and less time with the boys jumping like hyper frogs round my feet, all excited about Christmas!

I'm almost done too now- all shopping bought, all cards posted, just returned from a stroll around the neighbourhood delivering cards to friends, all presents wrapped and under the tree :D . I've also fitted in family trips to hairdresser and dentist :shock: . All I've got to do now is tidy away the post wrapping debris and to finish putting up the Christmas decorations. I've got to admit that I'm feeling quite smug that after today I should be able to put my feet up and await Christmas. That said tomorrow I've got my works' Christmas lunch, the docs take all the staff out for a meal each Christmas, so I probably won't be in the mood to do too much work after that :wink: .

I've got enough food for a feast for all the forum, what is it about buying in bulk. Both Mikey and I said we'd stop each other from 'stocking up' but we go to get the food together and just go mad.

I've asked harrie to do a stock take for me!!I'm sure she can do a better job than me!! :wink::lol:

BBx

Oh, Karen, I'm sure you're doing just fine. I'm only doing the smug act because, unusually, I'm not going to be at home for Christmas. I don't have any food shopping to do :P:P . And I'm on a (well-deserved) weeks annual leave from work :P:P:P:P:P:P . I should be organised :wink: .

It only feels so good because it's so unusual, normally I'm one of those poor people scampering round Waitrose like a headless chicken ( :shock: , sorry, bad taste) on Christmas Eve :roll: , and wrapping the childrens stockings at 2am, only to be woken at 5 :shock:

It'll all come together on the day; have a wonderful one :D

Haven't finished present buying or wrapping :shock: , haven't finished card delivering :o , haven't finished food shopping :shock: , haven't finished decorating :o and my choccie advent calendar only says it's the 7th :lol::lol:

Normally I'm so organised wonder why I'm not this year :?:?:?

Could it be that I got 2 beautiful chooks and discovered a forum :wink::wink::wink:

Merry Crimbo everyone - have fun and don't wear yourselves out - it's only CHristmas :roll::roll::roll:

oooh bums - just when I was getting REALLY smug about being so organised, I have realised that the kids stockings have disappeared so will have to spend tommorrow searching. :(:(