Guest chookiehen

Finished at last......

Haven't done any cleaning yet!! Finished the food shop this morning apart from a visit to our lovely butcher and Eggman tomorrow morning then I'll have a good clean, dust and hoover then it's CHRISTMAS!! No bah humbug here either!!! We're collecting the goose from Seldom Seen Farm tomorrow afternoon - can't wait to see all their chickens and they have the best brussel sprouts too! Yippee!!

Just off to make a mincemeat and mango jalousie for LSH's pudding. A proper Christmas dessert!!

Jalousie, dear! Simple, pimple.

Roll out a strip of puff pastry. Cut it in half lengthways and spread mincemeat on one half, leaving a border of about 1" all the way round. Lay slices of mango or peach on top of the mincemeat and brush the edges of the pastry with a little water. Put the other strip of pastry on top and press the edges together firmly. Cut slashes all the way across the top layer of pastry so you can see the filling through it and brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle over some demerara sugar and dust with cinnamon and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 30-40 minutes until the pastry is golden. Serve warm with ice cream or pouring creammmmmmmmmmm.................dribble............. :wink:

:P:lol::lol: SHAKE AND FAKE ..... shake the hand and fake the smile :wink: . Used to work for me when I worked ... still does infact :wink::P:lol: .

Not seeing mine till BOXING day ... the boys already think its a "fight" day :roll: , by the name. Have the perfect weapon of escape ... Tori, the new pupppy, who WILL need lots of walks, to avoid any accidents inhouse. :D

I don't know if today in the office it's "dress down Friday" or "wear-your-hideous-clothes-for-the-last-time-because-they're-going-in-the-recycling-bin-tonight-Friday". I'm never going to win any "best-dressed man" prizes, but some of the things being worn by my male colleagues today should never have been let out of the factory. In the battle of the sexes, the Office Male will always lose the "dressing-down" competition.

But why should I care! I'm about to finish and get out of this heck-hole until the 3rd of Jan, when I hope to return with my 2006 Kylie calendar.

I'm going home to clean my new kitchen, which is fully operationable, if not quite completely finished - some of the fancy bits still need attaching, as does the broadband gizmo - and play with Rita and Mavis.

I hope everyone else who was having kitchens done or cookers repaired has got them finished and working and I hope you all have a lovely Christmas.

Richard T