Jen346

My New chooks

They look lovely 😊

You will need to keep those ones separate from the 3 day old chicks though.

You will also need a heat source to keep the chicks warm, medicated chick crumb plus a few other things.

I was about to go down the chick route but got 6 week olds instead - much easier.

Make sure you put pictures up when you get them :wink: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Easter Eggers and a Marans - lucky you - your egg basket will be stunning!

Agree with everything above.

How old are the Easter Eggers? They may need to be indoors for a while longer at this time of year if they’re still young.

I’m sure you already have but good idea to start having a really good think now about what sort of coop and run they’re going to have - where it will go, what you’ll put on the ground, will you cover it? I’d recommend having as large a run as you possibly can to allow for any separations that are ever needed and to allow for the fact that they often have to be shut in for long periods of time in the winter.

Looking forward to photos and planning 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

They look lovely 😊

You will need to keep those ones separate from the 3 day old chicks though.

You will also need a heat source to keep the chicks warm, medicated chick crumb plus a few other things.

I was about to go down the chick route but got 6 week olds instead - much easier.

Make sure you put pictures up when you get them :wink: 

Will do, and will upload pics as soon as I pic the chicks up on Friday 

1 hour ago, mullethunter said:

Easter Eggers and a Marans - lucky you - your egg basket will be stunning!

Agree with everything above.

How old are the Easter Eggers? They may need to be indoors for a while longer at this time of year if they’re still young.

I’m sure you already have but good idea to start having a really good think now about what sort of coop and run they’re going to have - where it will go, what you’ll put on the ground, will you cover it? I’d recommend having as large a run as you possibly can to allow for any separations that are ever needed and to allow for the fact that they often have to be shut in for long periods of time in the winter.

Looking forward to photos and planning 😆

The Easter eggers will be 10wks when we pick them up, they will be in a mk1 cube with a 6/7m x 2m covered run ... super excited 

• Like 1