Luvachicken

Bonnie update

Poor Bonnie has been through it a bit, first of all she had poorly ears and a tummy full of worms.

Then the other day, she had a little bit of blood in 2 poops so we took her to the vet.

She asked us to do a 3 day poop sample which they now tell us she has something called Giardia - hopefully easily treatable with some more worming medicine, which she started yesterday (for 5 days)

Bonnie doesn't seem at all poorly, but maybe that is just the puppy side of things, I feel sorry for her though.

I wonder if her brothers and sisters have the same things and if they have been looked after by their new owners.

You read about these dodgy breeders but I think where we got Bonnie, they just didn't bother.

I will post some pictures soon but she takes up a lot of time, especially when she finds my laptop cable 🙄

• Like 2

My fingers are crossed for you and little Bonnie.  I have been nursing our stray cat for a few weeks after she had quite a major spaying operation.  It really took it out of her, but she was very good, bless her.  I now have a permanent shadow as I spent several days sleeping on the floor with her and she seems to think I should carry on being at her beck and call!  However, although its all worrying at the time, its been a good bonding experience.

• Like 2

Bonnie has had her 2nd lot of jabs this afternoon, thank goodness.

Her poops are so much better and actually look how they are meant to look.

She had the last bit of wormer for tea today.

Tomorrow we are going to take her to a puppy party at the vets we go to.

I hope she likes it there and it will be a chance for her to meet some other little 4 legged pups.

They said it will be fine for her to go.

She has grown so much in the last few weeks and now weighs 3.8kg.

If she looks big in the photos, it's because she is in a little puppy bed that friends kindly gave us.

20220227_121949.jpg

20220227_122019.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/28/2022 at 10:13 PM, Daphne said:

She is a sweet little thing 😀.  I'm sure she is going to keep you all on your toes, I bet she will have a lot of energy once she is back to feeling A1.

She already has tonnes of energy and you wouldn't know she has been at all poorly.

On 3/1/2022 at 7:35 AM, Blackrocksrock said:

She is adorable.   Will be nice for her to go to puppy party.

I hope the puppy party is a good idea as someone just told me that dogs need to learn that dogs are just dogs and not something to play with.

On 3/1/2022 at 11:00 AM, Cat tails said:

I’d love to go to a puppy party!

You are welcome to come - it's for the next 3 weeks 😊

• Like 2