Well, we went to collect Jack on Saturday morning. He was so cute and very tired - he slept until Saturday evening. Since then he has more than made up for it!! :roll::roll: He is a tiny , lively little boy who is really good at night, but hates going to the toilet outside ( its too cold Mum :wink: ) and my kitchen floor has never been cleaned so often! Newspapers are for chewing and killing, not for toiletting on and its always the moment you turn your back! I had really forgotten all about toilet training! Still, he only has to look at me with those eyes and I forgive him everything!

Anyone got any ideas on how to persuade him he really does need to go OUTSIDE in the cold to do his business :?::?:

boyssmall.jpg

allIwantisalapsmall.jpg

Oh bless...he is beautiful. He will always get away with murder with those soft lovely eyes. As for toilet training have you tried those puppy pads at all.? They have a water proof backing and you lay them on the floor gradually moving tem nearer and nearer the door... I managed to train our mini shnauzer using them. Got them at pets at home.

Jazz always saw newspaper as something to kill and shred as well :roll:

Not being a dog person at all, I took her out every hour - only ever had a couple of puddles - and she soon got the hang of it.............. but..... that was through the summer, it's not really the best weather to persuade him to go out is it? :?

How about one of those yellow sticks you put in the ground? - they are supposed to work better for boys than girls. (I can't remember what it is called)

what a cute puppy, look at that face!! :lol::lol: We use a crate for Delilah at night and if we go out without her, she doesn't like to wet were she sleeps so she holds on to it, then when it's morning or we're back, first thing we do is let her out and she goes for a wee. During the day she's just getting the hang of whining at the door so I know to let her out. But if I left her in the kitchen on her own at night she's wee and poo everywhere. :vom: I've had that before, get home from work at 2.30am to have to clear up all sorts when OH forgot to shut her crate door!

How old is your pup? And (scuse me for being thick) what type of dog?

mrs B

he's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and 8 weeks old yesterday. He is getting better and using the newspaper now but he doesnt want to go outside! Last night I saw him sniffing and running round desparate to go, took him outside for 10 minutes and he didnt do anything. Soon as we went back inside he went on the newspaper :roll: I know he is only young so will get better. He sleeps in a crate a night but isnt used to the door being shut for too long yet and i am working on it, extending time each day. He's too young yet to go all night without needing to do something and I guess newspaper is better than floor!! :lol: