Guest Poet

DH has re-jigged the run, some piccies

I liked the first version but it wasn't totally practical.

The plastic roofing was screwed to a wooden frame which was hinged at the back so you could just lift it to get in. The wind was getting under the roof and making it rattle so DH raised the roof, so to speak. The roof is totally screwed down now so it doesn't move at all so that the wind can't make it move, which is why he had to make the run taller, so he could get into it! :). He's going to put some perches in for the chooks eventually, now that there is more head room.

That's the new aubiose on the floor too instead of the bark.

he worked really hard over the weekend and I think he's done a brilliant job :clap:

before

outside2.JPG

after

rerun.JPG

he has done a good job, looks great and done very speedily too! (it would take my husband months to do that, and then he wouldnt finish it properly! :roll::lol: )

he works for a well known flat pack furniture company and he's used to screwing bits of wood together ;) even so, he worked really hard.

I'll say thanks on his behalf as I really can't take any of the credit whatsoever :)

I like the improvement...but where are the chickens in the first picture?

They're in the smaller run, hiding somewhere, possibly under the covered bit. It wasn't long after we got them and they weren't very adventurous at that stage and used to mainly stay 'indoors'

aha, I see...*nods knowingly*

when you open the outer door these days they knock you over in the stampede to get into the garden!

The change in them is astounding, they're so confident now and it's brilliant!

thanks. I think eventually the fence and run will be the same colour but it's the wrong time of year to start doing all that. I also want to put a few more plants around it, just to tart it up a bit ;)

thanks all, on his behalf of course :) I'm sure it will keep evolving but I want to tart it up in the Spring with paint and plants...all together now "...a woman's touch..." ;)

doris-as-calamity-jane.jpg

That's really good! I'm on my third run now :lol: . Poor LSH hopes this one's the last :wink: .

i had a good look at your album kate and your run is gorgeous, not sure why so many pics of chickens feet but there you go! ;)

you have a beautiful set up and home and garden by the look of it, oh and lovely girls too- looks idyllic.