Hi guys!

I was just posting a link on the GYO forum to a pic of a cube and run, as an example of fox-proof skirting, and looking at the photos got me thinking. Is the main photo here a Photoshop job?

http://www.omlet.co.uk/products_services/products_services.php?view=Eglu%20Cube

I'm suspicious because

a) as others have commented, the people look rather large in comparison - the chickens appear to be bantam-sized, even though they are presumably Omlet hens

b) there's no sign of any skirting

c) the shadows of the cube and chickens look a bit fuzzy compared to those of the people, as if they have been done with Photoshop's "Drop Shadow" tool

Hmmm... :think::shameonu:

I'll go along with all of your thoughts and would include that the cube could not have been in that garden for more than 30 seconds before that picture was taken as the grass looks lovely the childs sitting on the grass an no, no after half hours free ranging and there is not the slightest sign of pooh any where. lol.

A lot of the photos they use (for example on the Omlet brochure) are computer generated. I suspect that this one may be a stock photo of the cube, popped into the garden background. Phil's the expert, i'll try to remember to get him to have a look.

The shadow in front of the boy seems to be cast by the grub on the front of the run.

I don't mind that they have done some Photoshop work - I do a fair bit myself on pictures for the website I'm employed on. Sometimes you just can't get a stock photo that fits the situation perfectly, so you improvise.

It's just that I think that particular one is misleading because the scale is so badly wrong. I recall someone commenting that their cube was much bigger than expected - it's all very well publishing the measurements, but most people will go by photos first and foremost.

The photo does look kinda odd when you look carefully.

The light reflecting on the cube reminds me of the problems i sometimes get at work when taking photos using lighting rigs.

Theres a funny rounded mound around the cubes enclosure and it rounds off on right side corner.

Both chooks like artificial.

The grass inside cube reminds me of astroturf.

But,theres also the possibility that when the website was designed-it was midwinter so was impossible to replicate a classic summer UK scene and had no option but to use Photoshop.Most website images are doctored in some way-especially outside when its cloudy or overcast.I clean up photos all the time when fate deals me a "Ooops, word censored!" hand (weather!).