Lesley

Age!

I've decided I'm not going. There's far too many things I want to do and I intend to get them done. First thing to tackle is waking up one day and realising there is no housework to be done :lol::lol::lol: That's never going to happen so therefore I'm not going

Thanks Nicola :D

I was trying to forget I was 42 yesterday, but I'm ok now :D

I didn't tell anyone at work that it was my birthday, but someone found out and I got lots of nice presents from my workmates - lots of useful little things for the garden.

The big 4-0 did though! Remember how it felt not being in your thirties anymore? :shock:

Don't say that :shock: !! I've got "that" birthday in June and I'm dreading it. I have accepted that it's inevitable and that it's just a number but that doesn't really help me accept that I won't be thirtysomething for much longer :( .

Don't worry Kate, it's fine being in your 40s. I was a bit concerned at first, but now I've got used to it.

As long as you think like a 30 year old and act like a 20 year old, you stay feeling young :wink:

I turned 41 last month. Life begins at 40 so they say and mine certainly did. Iwent on a plane for the first time last year and loved it after years of fearing it. I got married to my partner of 16 years with our fab son as best man(in Sri Lanka- just showing off now) and now I have my beloved chickens.

Andy is nearly 44 and Tom is 15.

That's a nice story Emma. Maybe turning 40 isn't going to be so bad after all. I don't think I'll have a change of heart over aeroplanes though! I've been on 3 flights and the fear got worse with each one!! It's not nice being the only one wide awake (apart from the Captain hopefully!!), gripping the seat arms for dear life on a 10 hour flight!