SueChick

Johnsons Anti-Mite Spray

I have asked this question once before but only got a reply saying how good it is - thanks for that by the way - but I just need the answer to following question answered if at all possible.

I have used Johnsons Anti-Mite Spray (small spray with Budgie on front) twice now on the advice of forum users. I just wanted to know if it is still okay to eat the eggs as I have muddled them up this week and don't know which one was laid on the day I sprayed her. Is there any risk with this spray and eating eggs?

I wasn't sure Sue but ate the eggs after treating all my hens as it's Pyrethrum based just like the other mite/louse powders so I assume that it's safe. There's nothing on the can about egg withdrawal but then again, it is for use on cage birds/pigeons rather than poultry. I'm still here 3 weeks after treating my hens though :wink: .

Edit - I've emailed Johnsons to ask about egg withdrawal and will post their reply.

Right, to clarify this, I've spoken to a very nice lady on the other end of the Johnson's Veterinary health line and she says that

* if the eggs are for your own consumption, withdraw them for 48 hours after treatment

* if you are selling your eggs to the general public, withdraw them for 7 days