motherhen

Election

Hope you are all voting today.

17 year old daughter mighty cheesed off that she can't vote this time. :evil:

Unfortunately we don't have a "Hens for every household" candidate sitting up here - anyone got that exciting option to vote for? :lol::lol:

Please note I have used a neutral colour for this posting :D

I wouldn't let those suffragettes down but Ollie put the crosses in the boxes for me so we can all blame him if it goes pear shaped!!

Neutral colour for me too - I didn't want to vote for any of them. They are all liars and never do anything for stay at home Mums :evil: ! Had to put my cross somewhere though :roll: !

I am going tonight after I get home from work. I live 1.5 miles from the polling station so I shall go on my bicycle. The OH left for Devon at 7.00am this morning and should get back just in time to vote before the polls close at 10.00pm. He travels about 700 - 1000 miles a week at the moment, poor thing.

Can't help feeling that any Suffragettes looking in might think "We chained ourselves to railings for this?" but I can't not vote.

Totally disillusioned with the lot of them but I have been and voted. Who not to vote for was easy........... :?

Better choose a neutral colour instead of my usual then.... :lol:

I don't think Lauren would let him ban Turkey Twizzlers :oops: She does like good food but unfortunately, she also like TT's :?

She has stopped eating them (at school) since I let her watch an 'edited' version of his programme where he showed how they were made :)

Basically they take all the bits you wouldn't touch if you saw them and puree them all up into a sludge then add binders and chemicals to make them stick together. It looked completley vile.Where's that vomiting emoticon please :shock::?

Edited by Guest

Now that is worth a vote especially if he manages to ban Turkey Twizzlers................... :lol::lol::lol:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm turkey twizzlers are so fine. theyre all yummy. exept when the schooll make the horrible slimey ones. now that is bad.

I know I'm only 13 but I so wish I could vote, the conservatves sounded soooo much better than the labours. I think the election is quite interesting. My Mum and my dad never voted though. "I like labour but I dont like tony blair" was their excuse.

I've been making my own chicken nuggets for years now since we had to try my eldest on a gluten free diet. Now the boys won't touch "plastic" nuggets and they sing "We're hating it" everytime we pass a McDonalds :lol::lol::lol: !

Can I just say that why is everyone sort of killing macdonalds?? The food is so good... have you ever tasted a quorn burger and a creme egg mc flurry.... and the chips mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. But the chciken nuggets are disgusting though but I dont really eat chicken the only meat I really do eat is salami because salamis are so good. And Ham! I always buy the ham Salad at school

My sister has a friend who's child said to my sister (during a conversation about McD's) "Go to MacDonalds? I'd rather hold a pistol to my head!" :shock:

We loved that :D we particularly liked the use of "pistol" rather than gun :lol:

OK Kim and Imogen

It's to do with how they produce their food (broiler poultry and battery hens for starters), treat their staff, trash the environment with their production, packaging and waste practices, lie about how healthy their food is in their adverts, and dump the same McDonalds package into every culture in the world. They also use advertising and promotions and sponsorship to 'get kids addicted' to their food. That is what I think from what I have read and watched about the company.

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU GUYS MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS ON WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MCDONALDS (and Burger King and KFC etc) :D:D:D

To help you make educated decisions, AFTER YOUR EXAMS, try and watch that docu film about the guy who lived for a month on McDonalds (available to rent on dvd now I think) There was also an excellent documantary last month about the McLibel Two. This was a couple of ordinary people who were protesting outside McDonalds about health issues, employment practices etc and handing out leaflets and, to get to the point, McDonalds sued them for libel and they did the court cases themselves against the best legal people in the world for years. They actually won a lot of it and got an important change to EU law that means anyone in a similar position could get legal aid and advice. Anyway they have a website http://www.mcspotlight.org/case/

but if you google McLibel that will get you to several sites so you can read both sides of the story :D

Hope revision is going well - stick in there, it will all be over before you know it and the long summer will beckon :lol: