Paola

When to let go...

I have let her go :cry: I found her in the run and she was not looking at all good. I was making the dinner at the time, so called the vets to see if they had any emergency evening appointments. I could not let her suffer until morning. My neighbour popped in to supervise the children's dinner so that I could go (she is always saving my bacon). Thankfully I got to see the vet who keeps chickens. She found a lump, which was painful for poor Henrietta :cry: DD1 took it badly as I thought, am sure she will soon get over it esp as OH has said that we can get another. OH has just had a shower and is wearing his Omlet pants in memory of Henrietta :roll::lol:

IMG_0027-1.jpg

It sounds like you did the right thing - all too often at work we see people try & keep their animals going for far too long & the animal is suffering. Its really refreshing to hear of someone with a realistic outlook. Tell your DD1 that she's gone the henven! might make her laugh.

What a lovely looking chicken too. x

Sorry to hear that Paola.. do we get another picture of OH in his pants? :lol:

Big hugs to you all, it doesn't get any easier, does it?

Sorry no pics of him in his pants :roll: It would have put you off your breakfast anyway!

Sadly no :(