Guest Poet

quick, HFW on C4 now!

It is good to have Hugh back. :D

The vegetarian lady doing the offal was brave.

He said at one point that the pig welfare re: water had not been thought through :? It was his idea shouldn't he have thought it through :?

I can see the people in Bristol getting demoralised.

it's great to have HFW and RC back on TV, although I am dissapointed at the same time as myself and our school's yr8 students were due to feature in the programme on a meat chicken project. Sadly, RC not able to get access to a farm to rescue the meat birds for us to look after - other wise by now we would have been at the slaughter stage and Hugh was going to cook them for the kids in the school canteen. I'm gutted it couldn't happen.

I'm going to River Cottage fo my Dinner (10 June 2008) HFW is doing the cooking, I bet he'll be thrilled when I tell him of your announcement :wink:

Dinner with HFW??? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

We expect a full report immediately afterwards!

They've asked for any "Special Dietary (sp) Requirements"?

Replied "Yes, I require a very big plateful" :wink:

I'm going to River Cottage fo my Dinner (10 June 2008) HFW is doing the cooking, I bet he'll be thrilled when I tell him of your announcement :wink:

:lol::lol::lol:

well im jealous!!! i tried booking for a banquet and tickets sold out within an hour i was pottering online thinking of hotels etc. curses.

:lol::lol::lol:

well im jealous!!! i tried booking for a banquet and tickets sold out within an hour i was pottering online thinking of hotels etc. curses.

Mrs CCR booked it for my birthday present, we're going to "Hugh cooks seasonal produce", stopping 3 nights in a hotel (Fernhill Hotel, recommended by River Cottage) at a place called Charmouth (never heard of it), not far from River Cottage (short taxi ride) and quite close to the seaside :D.

I'll let you know what it's like !!!!

Anyone been to a River Cottage event?. It says "Smart Casual" I can manage "Casual" and what I believe to be "smart" :wink: , any advice ?

i was checking out the prices and they were around the £60-£85 quid mark EACH. Bit too steep for us, make sure you get a VERY big plateful for that and perhaps even a doggy bag! :lol:

I'm sure it will be superb and I hope you have a fantastic time :D

We went to Rick Stein's restaurant when we were in Padstow once, very nice but very expensive. Wouldn't do it again though. When we came out, we saw all these all these families sitting by the harbour, eating fish and chips from the chippy, enjoying the view and the fresh air. Wish we'd done that instead :lol:

i missed the show but im sure I'll hear all about it in my week there in July.

I can not wait to go back! ARGH!!!

I shall tell him about how much you all lurve him. HAHA, I'm sure he will be embarressed!

I'll try to take more photo's this time, and try not to change seth's nappy on his draining board again :)

edit- i can't spell nappy!